yasemin
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Turkish expressions you now use

scarlet_rose
I'm from Egypt and here we already use lots of expressions in our daily life which are from Turkish origin ( due to the common heritage between Turkey and Egypt )
I already call all my older female cousins "Abla" but we say it before the name not after the name, I also call all my older male cousins "Abi" but we pronounced a little differently. we also use Hanim, Bey and Usta.

but the word I didn't know that It's Turkish is "belki" which means "perhaps", Kerim said it twice on two different episodes and I was surprised. Although people here use it rarely nowadays but since I heard it on FSN I found myself use it a lot instead of "yemken" the Egyptian Arabic word.
Reply | Threaded
|

natyxuxu
In reply to this post by yasemin
hi
yes i feel the same
nathalie
Reply | Threaded
|

Fatmagül Ilgaz
In reply to this post by scarlet_rose
scarlet_rose wrote
but the word I didn't know that It's Turkish is "belki" which means "perhaps", Kerim said it twice on two different episodes and I was surprised. Although people here use it rarely nowadays but since I heard it on FSN I found myself use it a lot instead of "yemken" the Egyptian Arabic word.
Mar7aba scarlet !
in lebanon, "belki" is used as currently if not more often than "yemken"
I was surprised too when I heard it in turkish

We have the "Tamam" but we pronounce it "Tamem"
So since I began watching the show, I say "Tamam"  and my mom looks at me in a weird way lol

Fatmagul7
Reply | Threaded
|

scarlet_rose
Oh yes I remember now, I think I heard it before in a Lebanese series .. Looooooooooooove your dialect by the way :)
Reply | Threaded
|

yasemin
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Meryem-Naj Abla
In reply to this post by yasemin
I got into the habit of saying Günaydin in the morning and iyi geceler before going to bed to my husband and kids and now they even respond by the same. Whenever I can, I throw small Turkish sentences/questions at my husband (even if it means I am practicing with somebody who doesn't speak the language) like neredesin or ne yaptin and he always responds by iyiyim since it's the only word he knows beside günaydin and iyi geceler...
Meryem3
Reply | Threaded
|

yasemin
CONTENTS DELETED