Tavuk göğsü

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tavuk göğsü

VURAngeL

Tavuk göğsü (Turkish: tavuk göğsü, "chicken breast") is a Turkish dessert pudding made with chicken and milk. It was known in ancient Rome and introduced into Anatolia by the Romans. It became one of the most famous delicacies served to the sultans in the Ottoman Topkapı Palace. It is today considered a 'signature' dish of Turkey.
Now, I was really reluctant to try it at first because of the whole "chicken" thing but finally after 3 years my friend wore me dowm and I tried it. I couldn't believe my mouth. It was one of the most satisfiying things I'd ever tried and became my instant favorite dessert. Yummy!

Here's an easy recipe. Affiyet Olsun!
Ingredients

Chicken breast 1/2 medium size 100 g(cooked)
Cracked rice 3/4 cu
Water 1/4 cup
Milk 4 cups
Sugar 1 1/5 cups
Cinnamon 1 teaspoon Recipe Info Category: Desserts
Rating: 4
Print Recipe

Directions

Cook chicken breast in water to cover, over low heat in a saucepan 10-15 minutes or until barely tender. Drain and bone tear breast into very thin hair like fibers. Set aside; chill. Cover rice with warm water for 2 hours. Drain and place into a food processor container. Process until well ground. Mix ground rice with milk in a saucepan blending well. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken breast-torn into fibers-mixing thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes stirring gently and constantly. Reduce heat. Add sugar mixing well. Cook over very low heat for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour into individual dessert bowls. Cool and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve chilled.

6 servings

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tavuk göğsü

Turaner-Ambia
how come i have not seen this post before lol!

wow the dish looks so good, it is about time i visited our local Turkish restaurant which i will do after a long week of midterms.

thanks for sharing, it is mouth-watering!