TROY

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TROY

SM-Kerimaholic no.1
One of my favourite movie of all times....It's an epic film and I love the story of Achillees and Brisies and Hector and his wife though the movie is about Paris and Helen LOL....

Trailer:

Links to watch the film:

http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-1537-Troy
"Teskeruderim".."tamam geçti.Ağlama.Özür dilerim"... <"HöööYT">
Celil nalkopon to Kerim: "Love is a pool my son, only idiots are falling in inside But i didn't fall."
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: TROY

mukadaxxx
i love that movie too and watching it in the cinema is a totally difference experience. ohhh i dont wanna think about when Hector died i think that was the last time i cried. its really hard for me to tear but that time i did.  
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|

Summer Peri
This movie doesn't pay much attention to what Homer wrote,obviously Achilleas was dead before Greek states got into the Troy(Troyan people were Greek tribe too,spoke Greek and adored Greek Gods)but ok Homer wrote about a war he never leaved and Brad Pit is hoooot as Achilles!

I am glad you like Hector,everything was unfair to him!!Hector is my favorite name if i ever have the chance to name a boy,Hector(Ektoras) is one of the 3 names i would love more to give!

"You have your brush, you have your colors, you paint the paradise, then in you go."

— Nikos Kazantzakis
Reply | Threaded
|

mukadaxxx
its never a good idea to learn history from a movie. i just watch for the fun not facts. they always change stuff  it was really fun watching it.
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|

Summer Peri
mukadaxxx wrote
its never a good idea to learn history from a movie. i just watch for the fun not facts. they always change stuff  it was really fun watching it.
I have to since we have to study both Iliad and Odyssey when we are 13 if we want to finish school one day!It is necessary lesson!

"You have your brush, you have your colors, you paint the paradise, then in you go."

— Nikos Kazantzakis
Reply | Threaded
|

SM-Kerimaholic no.1
In reply to this post by Summer Peri
Selims Mom thank you for sharing that info....I did hear it was taken from a poem...so am i right to assume briseis and achilles were never lovers? ....I really loved Hectors character...
Celil nalkopon to Kerim: "Love is a pool my son, only idiots are falling in inside But i didn't fall."
Reply | Threaded
|

SM-Kerimaholic no.1
In reply to this post by mukadaxxx
mukadaxxx wrote
i love that movie too and watching it in the cinema is a totally difference experience. ohhh i dont wanna think about when Hector died i think that was the last time i cried. its really hard for me to tear but that time i did.
I think Hector dying is one of the saddest scenes and also when achilles dies I love the words he says at his to briseis......Hectors wife was so brave...

So are we right to assume that Troy was burned due to Helen and is currently the city of Troy in Turkey???
Reply | Threaded
|

Summer Peri
SM-Kerimaholic no.1 wrote
mukadaxxx wrote
I think Hector dying is one of the saddest scenes and also when achilles dies I love the words he says at his to briseis......Hectors wife was so brave...

So are we right to assume that Troy was burned due to Helen and is currently the city of Troy in Turkey???
I haven't read your comments!
No we can't assume anything historically speaking,we don't even know if Helen actually existed!Even Homer didn't live this war,we talk based on his fantasy!Euripides in his tragedy "Eleni" wrote that all was a game of Gods and that Helen was never in Troy!The movie is based on Iliad and has some mistakes based to it! 

— Nikos Kazantzakis