classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Recipe for Knafe/künefe?

-Fatima-
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a good recipe for knafe/künefe?? I really want to make it someday but i dont really know which cheese and butter to use!!

Thank you in advance
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Recipe for Knafe/künefe?

Fatmagül Ilgaz
-Fatima- wrote
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a good recipe for knafe/künefe?? I really want to make it someday but i dont really know which cheese and butter to use!!

Thank you in advance
I only know how to eat it
Fatmagul7
Reply | Threaded
|

-Fatima-
hahahahaha i think most people do

i heard the best knafe are made in filisteen and lebnan..
Reply | Threaded
|

Emre
yeahh knafe nabulsia is my favorite.... I miss it .
Reply | Threaded
|

shebl
In reply to this post by Fatmagül Ilgaz
Im palistinian...when my mom makes knafy she uses:
 1 pack knafy dough, chopped fine in food processor with 1 teaspoon ghee/crisco/or veg short. from middle eastern store, just not al ghazal

about 1 pound haloumy cheese thin sliced and soaked in water to remove salt( you can use any other cheese or a mixture of ricotta, mozzerella and arab cheese, just make sure no salt)

syrup: 2 cups sugar- 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice boiled together. dont add any flavoring

take 2 round pans like pizza pans 1 large and 1 about 1-2 inches smaller in diamater than the larger one

in the large one you put abount 3/4 cup ghee with 1/2 teaspoon red knafy coloring (you may do without)
cream together and spread it out in the large pan to make a circle the size of the smaller pan.
top with shredded dough and pat it down to make it stick together (save 1/2 dough on the side), top with sliced cheese. sprinkle cheese with about 1/2 cup of remaining dough.
bake on oven on bottom till cheese melts edges should be red. Place smaller pan on top of knafy and flip it over into smaller pan, top with warm syrup and ground pistachios.
Once you get comfortable, you can bake knafy on your weber grill, or on top ov stove on low heat if you like.

p.s. We just make this last night, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.