classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lahmacun and Ayran

erkan
Administrator
This weekend I've shown this website to my mom for the first time, translated for her some of your nice comments and posts; all of which she loved. Especially Ema's post about "çarşaf böreği", she loved and amazed by. And she wanted to share some of her turkish recipes with you as well.

Since today was a bit long and tiring day, she went for a relatively easier-to-make dinner meal (of course we helped her). Lahmacun (meat with dough) and Ayran (yogurt drink).

Here is a picture from our humble dinner table of todays.

Lahmacun & Ayran

I'll write more tomorrow, about how to prepare Lahmacun, with few more pictures.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lahmacun and Ayran

Fatmagül Ilgaz
We have the same.
We call them lahm ajin & laban (Ayran too ! because it's the trademark written on the bottles)
I guess "acun" has a similar pronnunciation as "ajin"

miamm, I will tell mom to make it next sunday

Fatmagul7
Ema
Reply | Threaded
|

Ema
In reply to this post by erkan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

erkan
Administrator
Lahmacun is easy to make, too.

Prepare the dough first.  4-5 glass of flour, 2 table spoon of dry yeast, some salt, oil and warm water. Make the yeast melt with water. And then keep kneading in a large bowl.

(<=== You don't have to be as 'fast' as my mother)

Once the dough is kneaded nicely (they should feel as soft as ear lobs) Make small puffy balls with it. Use some flour (on the table as well) so that the dough won't stick.

While these are waiting to be fermented for 15-20 min or so, she prepared the filling material. First sauted the chopped meat a bit with small chopped onions in it. Then added red pepper paste and tomato paste, some water. Added spices and garlic and last some parsley that was thinly chopped.

When the filling material is about to be ready you can start rolling the dough out.

Roll the dough as big as your the pan you're gonna use to bake them one by one. Make sure they are thin so they'll be baked quickly. Once that's done, fill the baked dough with lahmacun mixture.

Serve with Ayran, tomatos, some green leaves like ruccola.

Ayran is a very easy to make drink and goes great with any salty meal.

Stir plain (white yogurt) with water (cold preferred), preferably with a mixer (to make it homogenous). And add salt. That's it.

25-30% yogurt and 70-75% water should be a good ratio.

Afiyet olsun!
Reply | Threaded
|

Turaner-Ambia
In reply to this post by Ema
Ema wrote
Guys, this is too much, it looks sooo nice and appetizing!! We have ayran here too, it's little bit on expensive side, but we like it very much! Lahmacun must be selling here under the name pizza, I will ask next time.
Love all yours pics., Thanks Erkan, thanks Lebanon!
yes dear, in the states lachmacun are served under pizzas.
Reply | Threaded
|

Turaner-Ambia
Wow Erkan! First i want to thank you for sharing our posts with your sweet mother. and i thank your mother sincerely for sharing her recipes with us. With the pics and the descriptions of the recipes, i think i can make it on my own (i am always afraid of trying new recipes, because somehow something has to go wrong, and i get discouraged). You are great just like your mother!
Ema
Reply | Threaded
|

Ema
CONTENTS DELETED
Ema
Reply | Threaded
|

Ema
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

SELIM-newy
Wow Erkan that looks great thanks for shring and god bless your mother!!!You just opened my appetite!
i LOVE THIS FORUM!
Reply | Threaded
|

erkan
Administrator
In reply to this post by Ema
She didn't use Aci Biber Sos (hot chilly pepper souce) or any chilly powder, because not everyone in our family likes it (though I do ).
Reply | Threaded
|

Dana
thanks Erkan that looks great

thanks to your mother :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Shadia
Wow...Just saw this...Looks very very good!!! And i'm amazaed by how many similarities there is between the turkish culture and the mideastern culture...We also make the meat pies, they look very similiar!!! And also we make Ayran, and we call it the same name too, isnt that wierd!!!

Thanks Ekran for sharing...Best regards to you and your mother!