Cannes 2011 award to turkish director

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cannes 2011 award to turkish director

Kristen-Homewrecker
"Turkish director Nuri Bilge Ceylan picked up another international award Sunday, winning the prestigious Cannes Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize for his most recent work, “Bir Zamanlar Anadolu’da” (Once Upon a Time in Anatolia)."

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=nuri-bilge-ceylan-gets-another-cannes-honor-2011-05-23

Have any of you seen any of his work ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cannes 2011 award to turkish director

erkan
Administrator
Kristen-Homewrecker wrote
"Turkish director Nuri Bilge Ceylan picked up another international award Sunday, winning the prestigious Cannes Film Festival’s Grand Jury Prize for his most recent work, “Bir Zamanlar Anadolu’da” (Once Upon a Time in Anatolia)."

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=nuri-bilge-ceylan-gets-another-cannes-honor-2011-05-23

Have any of you seen any of his work ?
Of course I have :) I watched his "Climates", "Distant" and "Three Monkeys", I loved it. Can't wait to watch his new movie.

Coming from photography background Nuri Bilge Ceylan movies have awesome picture quality, every scene of his movie could have been captured as wall paper.

But I warn you, his movies are very different, and not very easy to watch for everyone. Some people find it boring because of the slow pace of his movies. And I can't blame them.

Reply | Threaded
|

Fatmagül Ilgaz
In reply to this post by Kristen-Homewrecker
Congratulations !!

I've heard about this movie (I remember the title very well), but can't recall where
Fatmagul7
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen-Homewrecker
I'm so bad at remembering names  - Erkan your words reminded me this is the director whose work is photographic art. I started watching one of the films you mentioned  - about a fellow who comes to istanbul - but the slow pace made me crazy and i haven't finished it yet.
Reply | Threaded
|

erkan
Administrator
Kristen-Homewrecker wrote
I'm so bad at remembering names  - Erkan your words reminded me this is the director whose work is photographic art. I started watching one of the films you mentioned  - about a fellow who comes to istanbul - but the slow pace made me crazy and i haven't finished it yet.
Hehe, it was Nuri Bilge Ceylan's film :) Uzak (Distant)
Reply | Threaded
|

Erdoğan Yaşaran (QoG)
In reply to this post by erkan
Yes, yes. Üç Maymun. C'est un bon film! I love the dark imagery, it really supports the story line.

Uzak is a wonderful Tarkan song. Çok güzel!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen-Homewrecker
Reply | Threaded
|

erkan
Administrator
Hmm, wonder whose English is better, Kerim's or his? :)

In his movie Climates, NBC and his wife (Ebru Ceylan, sitting next to him in this interview) are acting, too.

Coen Brothers has a short movie with references to Climates, a funny one:
http://www.nbcfilm.com/iklimler/news.php?mid=2

but you first need to watch the actual movie.