classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
97 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Bir Bulut Olsam

Linnemer
Hey, a couple of us started to watch this old show by Engin Akyurek. I've seen it before but I want to watch it again. I thought we can discuss it here.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Bir Bulut Olsam

Hilmiye - sara
I loved this series, Engin deserved an award for his role. Only thing is I didn't understand the ending, perhaps later may be you could shed a light on this. I mean when rest of them reach the end of the series.
Free Image Hosting
Reply | Threaded
|  

SELIM-newy
In reply to this post by Linnemer
I just put episode 1 to watch,is mustafa mentally ill?He has the girl chained to him?
i LOVE THIS FORUM!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Linnemer
Let's put the first episode here too:

Reply | Threaded
|  

Linnemer
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Hilmiye - sara
I agree, the entire profession is being unfair to him. He definitely deserved an award!

I watched this later on but my sister said the ratings for the show were low, so they ended it prematurely. It was a strange ending. I think the very last scene is not a part of the story. By the way the writer of the show also plays the doctor's mother. She is writing Muhtesem Yuzyil right now.

Edit: 

Apparently the ratings of the show was fine. There are some rumors as to why it was cancelled:

-Engin Akyurek had to leave for military obligation.

-The show did not progress in the way authors wanted it. Mustafa Bulut was supposed to be an anti-hero, an abuser, selfish, crazy man. But Engin Akyurek played it so well people liked him... to the point that they didn't understand why Narin didn't want him. So the writers gave MB more and more lines tried to change this perception...they made him do awful things to Narin he has not done for two years... people still wanted to see Mustafa and Narin together...  

Reply | Threaded
|  

Linnemer
In reply to this post by SELIM-newy
Mustafa has epilepsy. In rural places they just call people with epilepsy crazy. But he is also extremely obsessive, very smart, and has a lot of power because he is mayor's son. He ties Narin with chains because he doesn't want her run away at night. But he makes her walk through the mines everyday hoping that she would die and his pain would end. Lots of conflicting emotions.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Meryem-Naj Abla
In reply to this post by SELIM-newy
Mustafa is not crazy but when it comes to Nareen he becomes not normal in the sense he is willing to do anything and I mean anything to have her. He has a very complex personality for although he is married to Nareen, he never takes her by force and that's why he beats her on a daily basis and that's why he chains her to him (just to prove to her and to himself a little bit that she is his). He is even willing to die if it is with her (yani he prefers to die than being without her but he would want her dead too). She, on the other hand, is willing to die to escape him... Besides, Mustafa is epileptic and when he's upset he has seizures...
Meryem3
Reply | Threaded
|  

SELIM-newy
Wow girls thanks alot ,if i have questions my ablas will answer them right? Looks good!!
i LOVE THIS FORUM!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Meryem-Naj Abla
Don't hesitate...
Meryem3
Reply | Threaded
|  

SHEMSI-vickoula
HNi guys I have put to see the series and I wonder if it has good end. Also please tell me the doctor's name and what he was searching in the ground. Is it really bombs
Reply | Threaded
|  

Hilmiye - sara
Its land mines, and he is clearing them.
Free Image Hosting
Reply | Threaded
|  

mukadaxxx
the second episode is hilarious the bride waited in her dress till the next day and when he came and threw himself on the bed face down i couldnt stop laughing.she deserved the beating what a witch but she is messing with the wrong person. mustafa is crazy but when he gets the cezure he breaks my heart.
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Linnemer
Oh yes she is messing with the wrong person . You can never guess how Mustafa will react to things, that is what I love about watching he is so unpredictable but so real. Mustache is not really my thing either but this man is attractive in a weird kind of way lol. He has an amazing pair of eyes

Reply | Threaded
|  

mukadaxxx
mustafa is living the dream of any A.H. i am always waiting to see what he's gonna do. i like how he shot the ball at the candy lady(love that  lady too) and how she has her store right infront of mustafa's house
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Ender Hanim
There's probably no English subtitles or partial translations of dialoges, right?
Ender2
Reply | Threaded
|  

mukadaxxx
no Ender hanim only in arabic.

now to those who watched it in arabic. what was the problem in the arabic translation did they change stuff or is it that you didnt understand the iraqi accent (cuz i have no problem understanding it i live among a lot Iraqies and a salad of arabic nationalities so understand all accents)but i would really have a problem if they changed the story it self.
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Meryem-Naj Abla
I think they omitted some details in the Arabic version like in the beginning, it is not clear that Nareen and Mustafa never had marital relationship and the final episode is a total disaster. You have to guess what happened at the end... Or maybe that's how it is in Turkish also, I don't know...
Meryem3
Reply | Threaded
|  

VURAngeL
In reply to this post by Linnemer
Reply | Threaded
|  

SELIM-newy
In reply to this post by mukadaxxx
I watched the first episode but it was so stressful,i felt so bad for the girl narine,all she goes through!I liked the doctor he was cute!!!Of course Engin played perfect!!!Is there a good or bad ending?
i LOVE THIS FORUM!
Reply | Threaded
|  

mukadaxxx
donno the ending yet, i hate the doctor i just cant digest him at all. and you think he's cute i dont like his smile and that to me is worse than short.
am watching mostly for mustafa and not for looks but for the character.
Mukaddes3