6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Bir Bulut Olsam

erkan
Administrator
The previous TV series Engin Akyürek's had a role, actually the lead role that even gave name to the series.

You can follow the discussion in this thread as well:

http://forum.whatisfatmagulsfault.com/Bir-Bulut-Olsam-in-arabic-td2398871.html

Our kind friends are sharing English summaries of the episodes (I hope they continue to).

If you want to watch it in its original language (no subtitles, sorry) you can go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOy53B1ivE 

This channel has each episode in one part only with HD video quality. I recommend that channel, as it seems, it publishes the episodes of many Turkish tv shows with the permission of their producers.

Sadly there is no English subtitles for this show. I hope there will be one day. As I think it's as good as FSN and deserves more viewers.

Bir Bulut Olsam, means "Wish I was a cloud". Bulut is also the surname of Mustafa Bulut (Engin Akyürek), which means "Cloud".

A brief summary of the story:

Events take place in Mardin, a city at the south-eastern Turkey, next to Syria borders. In that region, it's traditional that some families match-make their children at very young ages to become wife and husbands.

This is how Mustafa (Engin Akyürek) and Narin (Melisa Sözen), who are also cousins, were married according to traditional and religious laws. They're not married officially, since the girl is not of age yet.

Mustafa is literally "madly" in love with Narin. But she's very scared of him, as Mustafa isn't a normal person. He's not very stable mentally. He's very short tempered. Also spoiled by the wealth and reputation of his family.

He's so madly in love with her, that he doesn't mind death as long as it is with her.

Narin doesn't mind death either, but this is because she's sick and tired of her painful life and what Mustafa does to her. She takes the kids of their neighbourhood to school everyday leading them through a mine field, hoping to die there one day.

In where they live, the closest school they can go is at the other side of a mine field.
There is much more to say about the traditional background and rules of the society in which this story take place. It's a very different life in Mardin when compared to the life you see in FSN. That's why I think it'd be very intesting and informing for you to watch it.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Bir Bulut Olsam

Meryem-Naj Abla
I like Bir Bulut Olsam a lot. The story is very nice. Engin's performance is as usual extremely good. I would be happy (as would Dana I am sure) to continue with the summaries if anybody is interested. So let us know... By the way, where is Dana? It's been quite some time that we didn't hear from her...
Meryem3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Meltem's Smart Twin
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|  

mukadaxxx
In reply to this post by erkan
thank you erkan am gonna start the first episode today.
Mukaddes3
Reply | Threaded
|  

Seemat
In reply to this post by erkan
Can anyone please translate Bir Bulut Olsam?

It is a great show, but unfortunately there is no English translation of it and it is a meaningful show so it would be great to understand every conversation...

Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Rona
In reply to this post by Meryem-Naj Abla
Ecran, please continue with the summary. I have watched 7 episodes with English subtitles on YouTube. The rest I am watching in Turkish which I really do not understand especially with this different dialect or accent that they speak. It would be do nice if you could continue the summary or if ever possible to continue the subtitles from episode 8 on wards. There seems to be important conversations that not understanding the language prevents you from fully appreciating the story. Nonetheless, I am enjoying the superb performance by Engin Atyurek. He is very convincing as a menacing, manic, dysfunctional and madly and starvingly crazy in love man whose sole objective in life is to receive any form of affection from Narin. He obviously steals the show and the rest of the cast pale in comparison.
Thank you for putting it on your website as finding the episodes on YouTube was a major challenge.
Keep up the good work of introducing your culture to the rest of the world with such great TV series.